The 2023 INCITE prompt asked CIS Ontario students in grades 7-12 to write a short story, poem, essay, or dramatic scene that explores the idea of “joyous speculation.” Writers could choose to focus on something real or imagined, focusing on positive aspects, outcomes, and mindsets.
Congratulations to the 2023 INCITE Student Writing Competition winners and thank you to all of the students for their submissions.
Grades 7 & 8
1. "Bound for Dreams" Chloe Diamond, St. Mildred's-Lightbourn School
2. “Creature of Shadow” Ethan Xu, University of Toronto Schools (UTS)
3. “Return” Lexya Momo, Albert College
Honourable Mention: “I believe” Shanti Huang, The Bishop Strachan School
Grades 9 & 10
1. “The Flood” Faylee Goren, The Bishop Strachan School
2. “Put Those Rose Coloured Glasses On” Aryana Kapur, TMS - Toronto Montessori Schools
3. “Clearing the Clouds of Despair” Eva Assudani, Bayview Glen
Honourable Mention: “Mother” Gemma Ellis, Ashbury College
Grades 11 & 12
1. “Icarus” Elle Godfrey, The Bishop Strachan School
2. “A Second First Time” Ariana Kubelik, Ashbury College
3. “The Metallic Tree” Rachel Yan, TMS - Toronto Montessori Schools
Honourable Mention: “And She Resumes” Catia Bonavota, Villanova College
Visit our INCITE stack on ISSUU to view all INCITE publications, dating back to 2010.