Online Learning with eLearning Consortium Canada (ELCC)
The eLearning Consortium Canada (ELCC) is a unique cooperative not-for-profit organization of member schools mandated to deliver quality online curriculum for the benefit of students in member independent schools. ELCC develops exceptional eLearning experiences for students using the best teaching and learning practices that exist in our independent schools. The unique Consortium model, of schools working together collaboratively, provides an enhanced online experience using a development and delivery model that has consistently proven to be successful and sustainable.
The OCT Additional Qualification course (AQ) course, Teaching and Learning through eLearning, is being offered July 6 to August 14, 2020 by Ontario Tech University (formerly UOIT) and taught by Dan Strutt, Director of eLearning Consortium Canada. The course will focus on planning for the possible models to be implemented by CIS Ontario schools in September, and developing online content with support, guidance and feedback.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Strutt at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the ELCC already has online content developed for a number of OSSD courses - please see the list below. Content from any of these courses can be made available to CIS Ontario schools. The cost will be subsidized and fees will be confirmed shortly.
- BAF3M - Grade 11 Financial Accounting
- BBB4M - Grade 12 International Business
- BOH4M - Grade 12 Business Leadership
- CGR4M - Grade 12 Environment and Resource Management
- CLN4U - Grade 12 Canadian and International Law
- EWC4U - Grade 12 The Writer's Craft
- HHG4M - Grade 12 Human Growth and Development AP Psychology
- HSB4U - Grade 12 Challenge and Change in Society
- HSP3U - Grade 11 Anthropology, Sociology and Psychology
- ICS3U - Grade 11 Introduction to Computer Science
- ICS4U - Grade 12 Computer Science
- LKBBD - Level 1 Simplified Chinese
- LKBCU - Level 2 Simplified Chinese
- LKBDU - Level 3 Simplified Chinese AP
- SES4U - Grade 12 Earth and Space Science
- SVN3M - Grade 11 Environmental Science