Coaching Community of Practice
Welcome to the CIS Ontario Coaching Community of Practice. We are a group of educators passionate about advancing coaching in our schools to further the professional growth of all educators and staff. We invite all CIS Ontario members to join regardless of experience or previous participation. In previous years we focussed on Developing the Leader Within and Developing the Coaching Mindset: Transformative and Collaborative Conversations.
This year, 2023–2024 – our 5th year, we are looking forward to sharing practices with CIS Ontario educators interested in a Coaching Community of Practice focusing on Teacher Growth and Instructional Coaching.
The area of teacher growth and instructional coaching have both been identified by community members as a desired focus.
Some themes and conversations we can consider this year are:
- Why Coaching Conversations?
- How are Teacher Growth and Instructional Coaching connected?
- What does the research say about Instructional Coaching and Coaching for Teacher Growth?
- How can we develop and practice our approaches in instructional coaching throughout the year?
- What does Instructional Coaching look like in different schools?
- How can Instructional Coaching be a team approach within a school?
And many more questions will arise from our work together!
Your Coaching Planning Team,
Chair of Academic Strategy, Hillfield Strathallan College
Executive Director, Greenwood Centre for Teaching, Learning and Research, Greenwood College School
Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching Certificate
Middle School Principal, The York School
CoActive Training Institute (CTI) Coach
To receive timely information on our professional learning events, student programs and news relevant to our community of educators, educational staff and administrators, please ensure you are listed as a member in our database. All employees of our member schools are automatically entitled to CIS Ontario membership.
If you do not, please fill out this brief membership form.