DIRECTOR GUIDANCE/LEADERSHIP PROGRAM TEACHER
Reports to: School Principal
Start Date: August 9/2021
Summary of Position
This position is a 60% guidance position and a 40% teaching position leading the Post-Graduate Leadership program.
- A contributing member of the Academic Leadership Team working to support and implement the school’s strategic directions.
- Helps to creates a safe, nurturing and encouraging environment for all students' Highest Level of Achievement, Individual support and responsibility, Leadership development and Legacy.
- Serve as a champion for the social, mental, and emotional wellbeing of all students across the school program.
- Organize and plan guest speakers to enhance students experience and assist them in dealing with social/emotional and adolescent issues
- Increase student success by supporting informed decision making related to all educational goals
- Assist students in the development of an educational plan including investigating post- secondary programs of study and/or clarifying their educational and athletic goals
- Provide counsel to students related to alternatives, limitations and possible impacts of changes to their educational and athletic plan
- Create and execute student and parent presentations on post secondary planning.
- Scheduling university/college visits and scholarship opportunities.
- Support the Director of Athletics and individual sport General Managers and coaches in post secondary planning with students-athletes.
- Support students in the course selection process.
- Work collaboratively with the Academic Team to create a program of study and a timetable.
- Support the admissions process through report card and transcript reviews.
- Support student transition from grade 8 to grade 9.
- Develop and teach the PG Leadership program.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
Requirements for this post are:
- A degree in Education
- An experienced educator with minimum three years’ experience including a proven record of supporting students.
- Experience in student services, guidance, or other opportunities to support post secondary planning.
- Knowledge of both the Canadian and United States post secondary application process.
- Knowledge of academic testing processes and supports and of the NCAA clearinghouse process.
- Evidence of successful leadership experiences including success in team building and the development of positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to support student-athletes.
- Experience in developing programs to support student wellness is an asset.
- A highly engaging and visible style in dealing with students and parents to ensure outstanding rapport with the community.
- An equity mindset and a commitment to inclusive and anti-racist practices.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to respond with care and concern, make wise decisions in complex situations, and partner with other members of the academic leadership team.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven teaching skills with the ability to manage PG level students
- Demonstrates the ability to create an engaging and effective leadership program.
- Energy and a sense of humour
Compensation: commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email a letter of application and a résumé to Rick Kunc, Director of Academics by Monday, May 3, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hill is an equal opportunity employer, while we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.