Accreditation and Membership Lead
The Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators (CCMA) promotes excellence in Montessori education through accreditation, support and service, and provides a unified voice for its member schools across Canada. The CCMA was founded in 1977 by a group of administrators committed to supporting each other and promoting awareness of what an authentic Montessori school offers to families. Today, the CCMA serves more than 125 member schools that are diverse in size.
CCMA seeks an Accreditation and Membership Lead (AML) to oversee and implement the Accreditation process and, connect Montessori schools across Canada. This role monitors and advances Montessori education in partnership with the CCMA Board of Directors and CCMA Member Schools. Reporting to the Executive Director, the AML will have a Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited institution and, ideally, a minimum 5 years’ experience working in an CCMA accredited Montessori school.
The Accreditation and Membership Lead role is a new position within the CCMA. The AML role has been created as the CCMA seeks to advance its membership engagement and service standards in supporting access to authentic Montessori education across Canada. It is an exciting time to join the CCMA team!
A general role description follows. A fulsome Job Description is available upon request.
- Development, monitoring and implementation of the accreditation process for and with Applicant schools across Canada
- Development, advancement and documentation of accreditation processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Recruitment, training and monitoring of Accreditation verifiers
- Coordination and communication with Applicant schools before, during and after accreditation
- School outreach and communication
- Knowledge translation and dissemination
- Identification and development of member/teacher Professional Development opportunities including coordination and oversight
- Membership communication and coordination
- Non-member outreach
- Coordination and reporting to Board of Directors and Board Committees including the Director of Accreditation and Executive Director
- Meeting scheduling and general administrative duties
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following are required for this role:
- Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited institution
- Senior level administrative experience obtained in a CCMA accredited school setting or in an environment of comparable dimensions and complexity (5 years minimum)
- An understanding and an appreciation for the unique characteristics and complexities of Montessori schools
- Proven background and interest in the community
- Commitment to professional development to help develop leadership strategies
- Exceptional technology skills including use of virtual meeting applications, database management, social media and computer software
CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Vision and Montessori philosophy with the ability to convey both effectively
- Self-confidence, optimism, persistence, and stamina
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Disciplined, multi-facetted, organized individual with the flexibility to deal simultaneously with competing priorities
- Strong planning and implementation skills
- Direct, clear, consistent style, approachable, and compassionate, a sense of humour
- An open, friendly communicator with superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence through personal credibility
- Excellent writing and effective public speaking skills
- Open and fair
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
Part-time, schedule flexibility and remote working options available.
Travel throughout Ontario and across Canada will be required on a, to be determined and, as needed basis.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual base salary for this role will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CCMA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Deadline for submission is February 11, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest in the CCMA.