Central Montessori School (CMS) is seeking a school leader to work in a diverse and
collaborative environment with excellent teaching staff and multi-leveled Montessori
classrooms. Our warm and friendly community thrives on teamwork and compassionate
interactions. This position will incorporate many aspects of day-to-day school operations
including admissions, parent communication, newsletters, overseeing staff, educational
programs, events, assemblies, etc.
The principal will bring experience, advancement and new ideas as they lead the school
community towards innovation and growth in all aspects of the student experience.
This position requires direct communication with the head of school and cooperation with the
rest of the CMS administrative team.
Leadership experience is a must.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in school leadership and at least 4 years of teaching experience in the elementary classroom.
- Solid administrative, pedagogical, communication, and leadership skills
- Able to handle responsibility in a consistent and dependable manner
- Flexible and organized, able to prioritize conflicting needs
- Strong logical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Tactful and able to handle confidential matters
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing instructional and educational matters as well as human, material, and computer resources of our Elementary Department (Grades 1 – 6)
- Fostering a positive learning environment for students while supporting the school’s mission statement and strong pre-existing culture.
- Helping the school realize its goals for wellness, equity, and inclusion.
- Oversee program implementation and assessing classrooms and pedagogy; providing ongoing feedback to staff through performance reviews and professional development.
- Review program for compliance with Health and Safety, Ministry of Education and Public Health requirements and standards, and all other governing bodies.
- Reviewing lesson plans, report cards, and other such documents.
- Participate in and conduct staff meetings, team-related meetings, and workshops.
- Fostering smooth internal operations as well as inspiring staff.
- Well written and effective weekly newsletters written to families and staff
Interested applicants can forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.