Title: After School Program Staff (ASP)
Employment Terms: P/T, Contract
Start Date: October 2021
Upper Canada College (UCC) is recognized nationally and globally as one of North America’s foremost boys’ schools. Educating tomorrow’s leaders since 1829, UCC is an International Baccalaureate World School, with IB scores 10 per cent above the global average. UCC offers transformational learning experiences to students in Senior Kindergarten through Year 12, including boarders from 26 countries. UCC is focused on making the world a more just and inclusive place through dialogue and teamwork. With a commitment to equity and fairness, students learn that what makes us different as individuals makes us stronger as a community. A rigorous academic program is supported by accomplished faculty, exceptional co-curricular programming, and state-of-the-art facilities. The UCC experience is underpinned by five core values: learning, pluralism, service, community, and wellbeing. Among its strategic goals is UCC’s ambition to become more diverse and inclusive. This is supported by a recognition that no learning community is whole without the inclusion and amplification of multiple voices; UCC is committed to fostering belonging, striving for justice and peace among all people, and addressing systemic and structural forms of oppression.
The Preparatory School is inviting applications for the After School Program. The ideal candidate will be energetic, motivated and enthusiastic. The role provides after-school care for boys to service our parents outside of the regular school hours and will report into the ASP Coordinator.
- Ensure the boys are under staff supervision at all times;
- Assist students aged 5-13 with homework, providing study skills and support;
- Supervise arts and crafts, computer or indoor/outdoor recreational activities;
- Assist in organizing and supervising extra-curricular clubs;
- Liaise with parents and teachers regarding homework assignments;
- Encourage and model positive student interaction.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in or have completed a diploma or degree program such as Teaching or ECE;
- Similar experience from other after school programs, camps, or daycares;
- Interested in working with children in a fast-paced, energized environment;
- Lifeguarding or coaching qualifications/experience would be an asset;
- Ability to anticipate and resolve conflict;
- Ability to organize and operate a club or activity for 8 weeks of programming;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability to represent the school/college in a positive and welcoming manner to visitors.
Please complete all application instructions below when applying.
UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons. UCC embraces pluralism – celebrating differences, cherishing similarities, and giving voice to multiple perspectives. If you are contacted regarding a UCC opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodations.
Please apply online by creating a “Support” profile account by Wednesday October 20, 2021. We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will contact only those selected for an interview.
As part of your application please include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, address the following prompt:
Upper Canada College values diversity as a source of strength. How would you contribute to the diversity of Upper Canada College?
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca.
- Day & Boarding School