Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a thorough academic program and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students and teachers. Our students are motivated and very supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of life experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
Upper Canada College Summer Life is a co-ed summer in-residence program for students aged 10 to 16. There will be 2 sessions of the 4-week program; sessions run from July 3 to August 26.
UCC Summer Life comprises three sections: Juniors (ages 10-11), Intermediates (ages 12-13) and Seniors (ages 14-16). Campers in Junior and Intermediate divisions will choose from a variety of one-week day camps, with the option of selecting three diverse camp options to experience within the program. Senior campers will participate in UCC’s leadership-in-training program that incorporates a team-centered approach to initiative, volunteerism and mentorship.
Overview of the Position:
The Summer Life program at UCC is inviting applications for Summer Life Staff for 2022. The staff member will provide support to the students in the program by supervising evening and weekend excursions, assisting in daily on-call duties and working closely with the day camp community. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in teaching and/or residence life. Summer Life Staff will support the program through supervising residence activities, mentoring, health and wellness care, attendance, supervision, progressive discipline and regular timely communication with parents/guardians.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
UCC Summer Life Staff: Junior, Intermediate and Senior Divisions
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Experience with Upper Canada College Camps considered an asset
- Relevant work experience in camps, recreation or educational environments considered an asset ● Articulate and professional ability to communicate clearly with parents and guardians ● Strong multi-tasking abilities, trouble-shooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure in accordance with daily challenges
- Able to work as a member of a team and as an individual
- Diligent work ethic and attentive manner when supervising students on evening and weekend excursions
- Ability to live on-campus and work long hours (evenings and weekends)
- Accommodations and food included
- Available between June 29 and August 24 2022, for a minimum of 1 out of 2 sessions: Session A (July 3 to July 29) and/or Session B (July 31 to August 26). It is ideal if the staff member can work both sessions. ● Successful candidates must attend the required training sessions from June 29, 2022–June 30, 2022 ● As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required
Experience and Competencies:
- Post-Secondary Education (Ontario Teacher Certification an asset)
- Experience working with students ages 10 to 16 in an educational setting
- Standard First Aid Training and CPR-C or higher required
- NLS certification is an asset
- Outdoor education experience and certifications an asset
- Previous experience working with adolescents and/or living/working in a residence or overnight camp environment
- Multilingual fluency considered an asset
- Must be available for Staff Training Days (June 29 to 30 2022)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the UCC Summer Life Office at email@example.com no later than December 31, 2021.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. You may submit your application to the Summer Life Office by mail, fax or email.
UCC Summer Life
200 Lonsdale Rd. Toronto, ON M4V 1W6
Phone: 416-488-1125 ext. 2253 Fax: 416-484-8613
We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will contact only those selected for an interview. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca.
- Day & Boarding School
- Summer Programs