Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a thorough academic program and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students and teachers. Our students are motivated and very supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of life experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
Upper Canada College Summer Life is a co-ed summer in-residence program for students aged 10 to 16. There will be 2 sessions of the 4-week program, sessions run from July 3 to August 26. UCC Summer Life comprises three sections: Juniors (ages 10-11), Intermediates (ages 12-13) and Seniors (ages 14-16). Campers in Junior and Intermediate divisions will choose from a variety of one-week day camps, with the option of selecting three diverse camp options to experience within the program. Senior campers will participate in UCC’s leadership-in-training program that incorporates a team-centered approach to initiative, volunteerism and mentorship.
Overview of the Position:
The Summer Life program at UCC is inviting applications for a Summer ESL Teacher for 2022. The Summer ESL Teacher will provide support to the UCC Summer Life students in the program by managing the English Enrichment Camp program, developing lesson plans and activities for our international campers and working closely with a class of maximum 20 students in an ESL Camp environment. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in teaching ESL and ELL learners. The Summer ESL Teacher will support the UCC Summer Life program through supervising daily camp activities, mentoring, attendance, classroom supervision, progressive discipline and regular timely communication with parents/guardians.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Summer ESL Teacher
- Previous experience teaching ESL and ELL learners
- Experience with Upper Canada College Camps considered an asset
- Relevant work experience in camps, recreation or educational environments considered an asset
- Articulate and professional ability to communicate clearly with parents and guardians
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, trouble-shooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure in accordance with daily challenges
- Diligent work ethic and attentive manner when supervising students
- Available between July 3 and August 26 2022, from 9am to 3:30pm daily from Monday to Friday
- Successful candidates must attend the required training session on June 29, 2022 from 9am to 3pm
- As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required
Experience and Competencies:
- Post-Secondary Education (Ontario Teacher Certification an asset)
- Experience managing an ESL classroom
- Experience working with students ages 9 to 14 in an educational setting
- Standard First Aid Training and CPR-C or higher required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the UCC Summer Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 31, 2021.While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. You may submit your application to the Summer Life Office by mail, fax or email.
UCC Summer Life 200 Lonsdale Rd. Toronto, ON M4V 1W6
Phone: 416-488-1125 ext. 2253 Fax: 416-484-8613 Email: email@example.com
We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will contact only those selected for an interview. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca.
- Day & Boarding School
- Summer Programs