Short Term Contract (2 months)
Commencing as soon as possible
Do you enjoy working with a team of people who are innovative, dynamic, collaborative, progressive and global-minded? If so then we are looking for you to join our community as a Music Teacher! The York School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
Like our students, staff at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders and experts in their ﬁeld, they are open to change and committed to improving lives through education.
The York School is looking for an experienced Music Teacher to be part of our Middle and Senior School faculty. The successful candidate will have experience teaching band music and working with jazz ensembles. In addition, the Music Teacher has to have a strong ability to work as part of a collaborative team, and should have training and/or successful experience in the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP).
- Teach Instrumental Music (Concert Band and Jazz Band)
- Teach within the International Baccalaureate (IB) framework and philosophy
- Participate in collaborative planning, committees and meetings
- Participate in co-curricular activities
- Participate in and/or lead experiential (including overnight) trips
- Help lead major school music events
- Supervision duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Must have an Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certiﬁcate – Intermediate/Senior Divisions
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience
- One or more qualiﬁcations in Music
- Training and experience teaching the IB MYP and Diploma considered an asset
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with students, parents and teachers cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary classroom management skills
- A proactive team player who is ﬂexible and self-motivated with a “How can I help?” attitude
- Proﬁciency in Google Applications considered an asset
- Previous Independent School experience considered an asset.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY:
Employees at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their ﬁeld, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide competitive compensation.
THE YORK SCHOOL VALUES DIVERSITY:
At The York School, our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are engaged citizens of the world. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualiﬁed candidates to apply. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. The York School will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416- 926-1325.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, all applications are due by October 20, 2021. Please visit our careers page to Apply Now and create an account. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Day School
- Long Term Occasional (LTO) Teaching
- Short Term/Supply Teaching