Director of Educational Technology – Full Time
Commencing Fall 2021
An exciting opportunity exists at The Country Day School (CDS) for an experienced individual to lead and advance the School’s educational technology program. The successful candidate will have experience in technology in an educational setting, experience in managing technology projects and leading others. Significant experience, skills and proficiencies in all aspects of a typical educational information infrastructure – both hardware and software are required – as well significant experience in the area of information security and data privacy.
CDS is committed to knowing, supporting and inspiring each of its learners and carrying forward a balanced approach to technology.
Broadly speaking, the Director of Educational Technology is responsible for two portfolios:
* Providing strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, security and support of CDS IT systems, software and infrastructure
(Ensuring the administration of CDS have access to secure, reliable, modern technologies that enable the efficient and secure operations of CDS)
* Fostering and promoting the practice of technology integration into the curriculum and lives of our learning community and cultivating a balanced and cooperative approach to the demands of the digital world and the analogue world
(Ensuring that faculty/students have access to secure, reliable, modern technology solutions that enable them to deliver/learn from the best technology balanced educational programs)
To these ends, the Director of Educational Technology is responsible for the effective planning, organization and operation of information technology services/support as well pedagogical and curricular initiatives involving technology integration across the School, overseeing IT project coordination, resource management, supervision of IT staff, while communicating with the Head of School, the Management Team, Faculty, Staff and other end users.
As the School’s educational technology program evolves, the successful candidate may grow into other senior level positions such as CIO, CTO and CPO as they come onstream.
The university-preparatory curriculum at CDS is balanced with extensive athletic, arts and extra-curricular programs. In addition to the relevant technical and educational background, candidates must be willing to become involved in all facets of school life.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University degree/diploma in the field of computer science, information technology, or engineering or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Experience in an educational setting is preferred.
- Experience with learning platforms such as the Google Suite for Education, Cloud-based systems and software as service.
- Familiarity with website content management systems, including Blackbaud, considered an asset.
- Minimum 8-10 years of direct work experience in an IT managerial capacity.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Strong leadership, staff management, and team-building skills.
- Highly effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization and excellent listening skills.
The Head of School invites qualified individuals to apply by October 20, 2021 with resume and cover letter to:
Mr. John Liggett, Head of School
The Country Day School
13415 Dufferin Street
King, ON L7B 1K5
The Country Day School offers a positive working environment with a competitive salary, including the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan where applicable. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported, and welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of this community. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please let us know.
All employees of The Country Day School must be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Report and be fully vaccinated to be on-site. Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Situated on a beautiful 100-acre campus in the heart of King Township, The Country Day School offers a challenging university-preparatory program for boys and girls (JK-12). For more information about this leading Canadian independent school, please visit www.cds.on.ca.
Start Date: October 25, 2021
- King City