Junior, Middle & Senior School
We are seeking Supply Teachers for the 2022-23 Academic Year for our Junior, Middle & Senior School.
Working at The Bishop Strachan School is challenging, exciting and rewarding. It’s also a lot of fun. This is the place to be if you value forward-thinking leadership and enthusiastically embrace a global perspective. As an employer, we focus on building and developing our employees to be the very best at what they do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
If you are looking to immerse yourself in an educational environment that strives to help girls achieve their best, both academically and in their life’s pursuits then we encourage you to apply to our Supply Teacher role!
We are seeking highly collaborative teachers who are passionate about their subject area and who actively seek the opportunity for interdisciplinary and real-world connections. The Supply Teacher is responsible for providing class coverage and supporting the student’s academic success. They will have their Junior, Intermediate or Senior level qualifications and embrace inquiry-based instructional strategies. They will also have the opportunity to be involved in the co-curricular life of the school through sports teams, clubs, trips and more!
- Must have an Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certificate
- Junior/Intermediate/Senior teaching qualifications
- Ideally a subject specialist and relevant degrees
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite; knowledge of Brightspace an asset
- Commitment to, and passion for, furthering the work of the school and girls’ education
- A demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi-task, adapt to change and work under pressure in a highly rigorous educational setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop relationships and a caring rapport with students and their families, and with teachers
- Passion and desire to continually learn about the changing dynamic landscape of post secondary education
- Commitment and desire to create inclusive and diverse spaces of belonging
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating Supply Teacher in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca. We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact the Executive Assistant, Human Resources and Finance at 416-483-4325, ext. 4207 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day & Boarding School
- Short Term/Supply Teaching
- The Bishop Strachan School