Under the direction of both the Executive Director, Strategic Innovation and the Program Co-Ordinator for Auxiliary Programs, the Hilltop Summer Discovery Camp (HSDC) Director is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of Hilltop Summer Discovery Program.
This position requires broad knowledge of camp and outdoor education activities, excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills along with flexibility and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an excellent rapport with all constituents. The HSDC Director will provide a strong, consistent, and hands-on leadership style for summer camp staff.
- Manage all aspects of the Hilltop Summer Discovery Camp (April to August inclusive) using the Pickering College guiding principles, goals and values
- Budgetary responsibility; Report to the Senior Director, Strategic Innovation and Innovation & Program Coordinator, Auxiliary Programs with respect to budget and expenses
- Work closely with Senior Director, Strategic Innovation and Innovation & Program Coordinator, Auxiliary Programs to develop, prepare, co-ordinate and implement program activities
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations, administrative and resource arrangements of the programs
- Responsible for overseeing lunch, including camper supervision, and deploying staff as necessary
- Liaise with internal and external departmental staff and respond to enquiries from parents or participants. In addition, the Director will also oversee the physical, emotional, and psychological care and development of the campers
- Supervise and provide direction to the camp teachers, camp counsellors and camp volunteers; develop and build strong staff relationships, organize staff responsibilities and daily schedules
- Ensure that the health and safety of all campers is paramount.
- Lead games, crafts and activities as scheduled
- Previous camp leadership experience: a strong knowledge of child development and needs
- Outdoor education and/or significant outdoor experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills, including close attention to detail
- Program delivery skills
- Strong proficiency in various computer applications
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal comfortably and efficiently with all constituents
- Experience in a similar administrative environment
- University education, Bachelor of Education preferred
- This position requires the candidate to have current CPR and First Aid training.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of full vaccination again Covid19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
- Day & Boarding School
- Pickering College
- Summer Programs