Reports to: Senior Administrative Coordinator
- College Diploma/University Degree;
- Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent field is preferred
- 5+ years progressive administrative experience
- Experience with Blackbaud’s “OnProducts” (an asset)
- Experience in an Independent and/or Secondary School (an asset)
- Experience in not for profit environment (an asset)
- Fluent in Google Workspace & Microsoft Office products
- Comfort in a Mac based environment
- School/Office Environment
- Sitting at Computer (frequent)
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School
Inspired Girls. Empowered Women. St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School (SMLS) is recognized as one of the premier independent schools in the country and brings a long history of educational excellence to girls from preschool to university entrance. For well over a century, SMLS has helped develop courageous girls who challenge and change the world.
About the Opportunity
SMLS has an opening for a full time Administrative Coordinator to help with the administrative support of the functioning of the School, including attendance, supply coverage, daily backup reception duties and other administrative support to our Heads of Schools and Assistant Heads of School as needed.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, articulate and creative administrative professional who communicates with ease and confidence. You thrive working in a fast paced, team environment while remaining calm under pressure. You are a critical thinker who demonstrates initiative, integrity and attention to detail. You are flexible and well organized and you ensure exceptional customer service to all stakeholders at all times.
- Daily attendance management administration.
- Coordinate coverage (internal and external) for Faculty absences via internal on-calls or organizing external supply teacher coverage of classes.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Head of Schools and Assistant Heads of School as required.
- Daily reception coverage (before school and during lunch) and back up coverage during absences (i.e. sick and vacation days) of other team members .
- Support the coordination of School opening & closing including supply ordering, logistics, etc.
- Assist with organization and preparation for special events (e.g. Parent-Teacher Interviews).
- Ad hoc special projects or assignments as assigned by the Senior Administrator Coordinator
- Bring new ideas and best practices to continuously improve administrative systems and processes.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking a dynamic, exemplary administrative professional with a willingness to continue to develop and grow as a professional.
Respect: We welcome and support the diversity of our school community and the broader communities and environment in which we learn, work and live. We respect our Anglican roots and our traditions.
Integrity: Honesty and responsibility are fundamental to everything we do – from the classroom to the boardroom.
Innovation: We are in a place where new ideas and promising practices can be explored, evaluated and flourish.
Commitment: We recognize our responsibilities to each other and to the world, and we will stand by our word and persevere with passion, pride and hard work.
Courage: We are not afraid to confront the uncertainties or difficulties the future may bring. We are resilient and are prepared to be bold and take action.
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School provides a competitive compensation package for Staff members. If you are interested in joining SMLS and playing an integral role in the development of young women, please apply online at: Apply to Education by creating an admin profile.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for your interest in SMLS, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted
SMLS is an equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental at SMLS. Our school recognizes the importance of diversity and fosters an inclusive, cohesive, and compassionate culture modeled by faculty, staff, students and parents.
Start Date: November 1, 2021
- Day School