Instrumental Music Teacher
This is a Short-Term Occasional position beginning January 9, 2023.
Candidates must have the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor of Education Degree with a teachable in the subject area(s)
- Certification at the Intermediate/Senior level with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Prior experience teaching in music education courses preferred
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources to create a dynamic learning environment;
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that motivate students and that cater to the range of needs and abilities of the students in the class as well as ensuring the course of study follows ministry curriculum guidelines;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment, evaluation, and recording of students’ development;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom;
- Providing feedback to advisors and parents on a student’s progress through regular progress reports, including daily communication when appropriate;
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly within the Department teams;
- Strong computer skills required. Previous experience working in a laptop-based school or previous experience working with Edsby is considered an asset
- Supportive of the Catholic teachings in our school
- As a condition of employment, mandatory proof of vaccination, and a valid vulnerable sector screening is required
- Teaching coverage and assigned duties, as needed, within various grade levels to ensure continuity for students when colleagues are away
- Assisting in conducting one music ensemble after school.
Villanova College offers a competitive salary and full benefits, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume in one document by email, quoting Occasional Music Posting in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted as soon as possible and prior to by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, December 5, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in Villanova College. Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day School
- King City
- Villanova College