Ashbury College is a leading not-for-profit independent day and boarding school for students in Grades 4 to 12 located in Canada’s capital and the traditional, unceded territory of the Anishinàbe Algonquin Nation. We serve a diverse community of over 60 nationalities from around the National Capital Region, the International diplomatic community, and international and domestic boarding students.
Our mission is to inspire students in a dynamic learning environment as intellectually curious, compassionate, and responsible global citizens. Our strategic direction is centered on the highest standards in teaching and learning; whole student development; access and inclusion in our pluralistic community; community engagement; and resource stewardship for long term-sustainability. We achieve these through a community of employees, volunteers, and students who cultivate and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
Based in central Ottawa, Ashbury College’s Senior School is currently seeking a qualified teachers for the following positions:
- Design and Technology teacher and Innovation Space Coordinator
- Department Head of Science (Chemistry or Biology specialization)
- Senior Science teacher (Chemistry or Biology specialization; IB teaching experience preferred)
- English teacher
- Mathematics teacher
All teaching positions are full-time, indefinite term, except for Math teacher which is a full-time single year LTO. All appointments are effective starting late August.
As the successful candidate, you have a history of school and community involvement, bringing enthusiasm and energy to the classroom, thriving in a busy learning community, working collaboratively with colleagues, and leading co-curricular activities. Coaching expertise / experience is a desirable asset. Your teaching practice includes current learning theories, creative use of technology, and imaginative course design and delivery. Priority will be given to candidates who are Ontario College of Teachers certified or qualify for certification.
If you are interested in a rewarding teaching career, please consider a position at Ashbury College, where you’ll benefit from:
- A salary grid that is greater than public boards in the National Capital Region
- A competitive benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan
- Small class sizes (average of 17 students per class)
- Robust, school-funded professional development opportunities
- Well-resourced classrooms including leading edge classroom and program technology
- Networking opportunities with national and international peers
- A welcoming and supportive school community
Consider joining our Senior School team to play an integral role in delivering exemplary teaching practices. Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify in the subject line the teaching position you are interested in. The deadline for applications is Monday, March 27, however, apply without delay as we will review applications as they are received, and may bring the search process to a close early if an outstanding applicant is identified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals who are members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity. This supports our mission, makes our community stronger, and adds to our culture.
Should you have any questions about this position, please email email@example.com
If we contact you about an employment opportunity and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Ashbury College
- Day & Boarding School
- Long Term Occasional (LTO) Teaching