School Data Administrator
Founded in 1867, The Bishop Strachan School is Canada’s oldest independent day and boarding school for girls. BSS is renowned for its expertise in the learning needs of girls, offering an enriched, inquiry-based curriculum. We develop lifelong learners and courageous leaders by nurturing attributes like curiosity, confidence, and creativity. We foster a caring environment that strives for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in our classrooms and beyond. Find out more about BSS by going here.
We offer the opportunity to join an exceptional community of professionals and contribute meaningfully to the education of tomorrow’s transformational leaders. As an employer, we focus on building and developing our employees to be the very best at what they do. We offer competitive compensation, a variety of benefits and supports, and a thought-provoking and inspirational environment.
If you’re looking to challenge yourself and be a leader in girls’ education, we invite you to explore a career with BSS. Please forward your resume and cover letter if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
Summary of the Position
The School Data Administrator is responsible for important school data processes as well as day to day data integrity and technical analysis support for all data systems. This position is responsible, as part of a team, for research, development and implementation of new data systems as well as associated best practices in data management. The School Data Administrator provides training programs to end-users and to assist where appropriate on other current and developing information technologies and projects.
- Implements new data systems, develops data interfaces and digitizes processes.
- Provides support on important data processes including report cards, ministry submissions, course selection, scheduling, school close and opening, as well as summer academy.
- Provides data extractions as needed for business intelligence and data analysis projects.
- Monitors school data integrity and consistency, ensuring those processes in place for data validation are active and procedures are followed. Provides data manipulation where necessary.
- Works with the Director School Data and Analytics on the Data Plan.
- Support plans and programs to advance staff data literacy skills.
- Prepares and delivers training programs and associated material.
- Prepares administrative process and procedure documentation.
- Troubleshoots data error(s) and inconsistencies as required.
- Provides technical support to database users, and liaise with vendors for all system enhancement and technical support issues.
- Monitors database server activity and troubleshoots as necessary
- Installs upgrades and service packs for different database applications
- Participate in Technology and Innovation team priorities as needed
- Embeds diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into all processes
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Experience in a relational database environment
- Knowledge of Blackbaud systems related to education
- Knowledge of K-12 ministry reporting requirements
- Demonstrates advanced experience using reporting tools
- Experience developing and monitoring data interfaces, data transfer and data manipulation
- Experience with data validation, importing, and exporting of data
- Experience with SQL server maintenance
- Strong sense of initiative with an ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with staff and provide technical support to users, including preparing and delivering education/training programs and material
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail
- Flexibility a definite asset
- A growth mindset of continuous improvement and learning
- Culturally competent with a positive attitude toward cultural uniqueness and a readiness to accept and respect others
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
Why Work at BSS?
We value the willingness to take risks in order to learn and grow - and not just for our students. At BSS, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unparalleled setting, with access to innovative tools, support and resources, so you can pursue ongoing professional learning, whatever your role. BSS offers a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Extensive health and dental benefits package
- Our administration participate in our robust pension plan with up to 8% match
- Lunches provided with a taxable benefit
- Discounted tuition for eligible staff
- Use of on-site fitness center
- And a chance to be part of a great community!
BSS Values Diversity:
BSS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating School Data Administrator in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience and an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Admin at 416-483-4325, ext. 1691 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day & Boarding School
- The Bishop Strachan School