Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen is an independent, co-educational university preparatory day school with more than 1000 students from Preschool through to Grade 12. Our school thrives on two closely connected campuses in the heart of Toronto and offers a truly transformative educational experience, intentionally creating a welcoming, vibrantly diverse community, guided by inspiring teachers, and fueled by a forward-looking curriculum. Bayview Glen is a member of the CIS Ontario, CAIS and Round Square organizations.
RECE Occasional and Relief Teaching Positions
Bayview Glen is currently looking for RECE Occasional and Relief Teachers within our Preschool division for the 2022-2023 school year. You will be providing classroom coverage for our youngest students aged two and three years old during times when teachers are absent. Relief Teachers will work a set schedule Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Occasional Teachers must be available to work on an on-call/as needed basis Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:00 pm. If you are someone who is dedicated to the development of the whole child, with a passion for teaching within this age group, we want to meet you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing classroom coverage when teachers are absent
- Ensuring safety of all children and following all health and safety guidelines
- Supervising free play, both inside and outdoors
- Serving snacks and lunch
- Cleaning and sanitizing childcare spaces, including frequently touched surfaces, equipment, toys, and any other areas or items deemed necessary
- Maintaining positive relationships with parents and families
What You’ll Need:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (R.E.C.E.) in good standing
- University degree or College Diploma in Early Childhood Development or equivalent
- One to two years of experience working with children at the Preschool level
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adjust style to communicate to different audiences (i.e., children, parents, staff, etc.)
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Valid child and infant First Aid/CPR certification
- Up to date Immunizations and new TB results
Here's What We Offer:
- A competitive wage rate
- A generous group benefit and RRSP plan (Relief Teachers only)
- A collegial work environment where employees have fun together
- A welcoming, vibrantly multicultural community
- Meaningful work in an educational environment with future leaders of tomorrow
- Professional development opportunities
- Lunches and parking provided
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined into one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2022. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
At Bayview Glen, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will need to provide a current vulnerable sector screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
Our School has determined that vaccinations of all school staff are required in order to protect our school community. Certain accommodations or exemptions will be considered if required under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit us online at www.bayviewglen.ca
- Bayview Glen
- Day School