Grade 1 Teacher
Maternity Leave Contract
Pickering College is recruiting a dynamic, qualified teacher for Grade 1 for a 1-year contract. The successful candidate must demonstrate superior teaching abilities and an eagerness to become involved in all aspects of the school including co-curricular activities. Our teachers must possess the following qualities: passion, compassion, expertise in their subject area, instructional expertise and curriculum innovation. This is a one year contract position to cover a maternity leave commencing approximately Mid-November 2021.
- Bachelor of Education
- Primary/Junior qualifications
- Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent
- Experience/Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach is an asset
- Strong technology background is required
- 3-5 years of Teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrate and articulate a passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Demonstrate commitment to students’ academic and personal success
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Reading Specialist and/or Special Education Qualifications are an asset
- Independent School experience is an asset
- Co-curricular experience
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of full vaccination against Covid19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: November 15, 2021