Montcrest School is a progressive, co-educational JK to Grade 8 school, founded in 1961, and located at Broadview and Danforth in Toronto. Montcrest School is a welcoming community that specializes in cultivating incredible young people. We believe in small class sizes and unparalleled student-teacher relationships. We believe individuality is something to protect, not suppress. And we believe in meeting our students with the ideal supports—and perfect challenges—for each age and stage, so they emerge as secure, self-directed young people who excel in academics and in life. Simply put, Montcrest helps children become who they’re meant to be.
We are seeking a Primary/Junior Art Teacher to work in our Primary and Junior divisions for a maternity leave, starting December 1st, 2021. As the primary/junior art teacher, you are knowledgeable in curriculum development and implement a personalized and differentiated approach to learning. You are excited to optimize the use of the technology available to you to improve student learning. You are able to support all learners using diverse strategies and are willing to find innovative solutions to learning challenges. You are committed to diversity in the materials, art forms, movements, and artists you are teaching. You understand the importance of collaboration and building positive relationships with all members of the community. You see students, colleagues and parents as partners in the learning journey. As a life-long learner, you are committed to your personal professional growth. You are an engaged member of the school community and value participating in co-curricular activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution;
- Ontario College of Teachers certification in good standing;
- Visual arts qualifications (e.g. AQ or equivalent).
- Planning and teaching visual arts curriculum;
- Working with primary/junior children;
- Working with Junior and Senior Kindergarten students;
- Understanding of current educational practices in the areas of curriculum planning, implementation and differentiation;
- Demonstrating a relationship-based approach with all students, colleagues and parents;
- Ability to incorporate relevant technology and work in an online environment;
- Participating in the co-curricular program and life of the school community.
- Additional qualifications in special education
- Experience in an independent school
How to Apply:
If you are excited by this position, qualified candidates should email a covering letter and curriculum vitae to Montcrest School by October 29, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are recruiting to hire a diverse candidate as we strive to build a pluralistic community of students, faculty and staff whose perspectives enrich our learning community. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Montcrest School please visit montcrest.ca.
- Day School
- Long Term Occasional (LTO) Teaching