The Mabin School is a small, progressive, innovative independent school (JK-Grade 6) located in
central Toronto recognized for its excellence in nurturing empathy, leadership, team-work, and
problem-solving. Achieving academic excellence and honouring student interests are always at
the centre of the inquiry-based learning in the Mabin classroom. All aspects of the child’s
development — social, emotional, intellectual, and physical — are considered and given equal
importance by our exceptional faculty.
The Mabin School is currently seeking JK - Gr. 6 Supply Teachers. This opportunity will provide
experience in a collaborative teaching environment that consists of small classes, a strong and
supportive staff and school culture, and a connected community. The successful candidate will
- A Bachelor of Education Degree (Primary/Junior) or an Early Childhood Education Diploma;
- An Ontario Teaching Certiﬁcate / OCT Membership in good standing or membership as a Registered Early Childhood Educator;
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Previous Independent School experience is considered an asset.
Distinguished Attributes and “DNA” of a Successful Candidate:
- Flexible and adaptable educator who enjoys working in a fast-paced and engaging environment.
- Working knowledge and classroom experience with Google Apps for Education would be an asset.
The Mabin School values diversity to enrich and strengthen the unique community that deﬁnes
our school. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening as well as proof of
COVID-19 vaccination will be required. Interested and qualiﬁed candidates are invited to forward
by email only, a letter of application and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day School
- Short Term/Supply Teaching
- The Mabin School