Posting: Services Analyst and Trainer
We are seeking an individual who is aligned with our core values and reflects our core competencies to join our Information Technology Department as the Services Analyst and Trainer. This is a full-time position.
At Havergal College, we believe that great schools are made up of great people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates with a diverse range of experiences and perspectives, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) peoples, and persons with disabilities. We welcome applicants who are inspired by our mission
to prepare young women to make a difference and to take on an ever-changing world with confidence, resilience and global-mindedness.
The Services Analyst and Trainer works under the supervision of the Manager, Digital Services Training to develop and execute specific plans designed to support the growth of digital skills for all employees across Havergal to enhance their capability and provide the best learning experience possible. Working as part of a team, the Services Analyst and Trainer will aim to enhance day to day productivity, efficiency and enable employees to successfully adopt technology-enhanced solutions.
- Deliver highly effective and interactive training programs to employees (both new and existing)
- Identify performance improvement needs by working with assigned internal stakeholders and help to determine appropriate solutions
- Develop and maintain materials for College managed training programs
- Develop and maintain the College’s knowledge base to ensure it is up to date and reflects the needs of stakeholders
- Assist in the completion of operational assessments for new software and services requests
- Assist in the sourcing or development of new training programs
- Support the rollout of new software applications
- Support the Endpoint Administrator when needed
- Support the Service Desk Team when needed, acting as either Level 1 or Level 2 support
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary education (Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in business, information technology, or customer support, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Technical or business writing, and technical certifications (e.g., Adobe, Google, Microsoft) is an asset
- A minimum of three years of experience in application support, specifically with Productivity and Collaboration suites (e.g., Google Workspace, Microsoft 365) and general computer software support
- Previous work experience in the education sector, government or non-profit setting is an asset
- Proven experience in adult learning facilitation or training, development of training materials and ability to train in different settings (e.g. classroom, one-on-one, video)
- Practical knowledge of current educational technologies including popular Learning Management Systems, standard productivity software, student information systems, multimedia applications and classroom hardware
- Familiarity with the SAMR model and TPACK framework
- Experience testing computer software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; the ability to work well as a team member in a multi-professional environment; attention to detail; and the ability to work with minimal supervision and to act on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work well and manage pressure, adhere to deadlines; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of faculty, staff, and students; the ability to deal with a high volume of client and vendor demands
Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core Competencies of:
- Inclusive Excellence
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Integrity & Trust
- Learning Agility
- Growth Mindset
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 1, 2022.
Havergal College thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Havergal College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6526 or by email at email@example.com.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent schools for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of women’s education for over 125 years, Havergal offers a contemporary liberal arts education and is rooted in the Anglican tradition. Havergal’s mission is to prepare young women to make a difference.
Through our outstanding academic and cocurricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking and global-mindedness within our students.
- Day & Boarding School