We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Information Technology Department as the Digital Services Specialist. This is a full-time position.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of women’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young women to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
The Digital Services Specialist works closely with Digital Services Advisors on a day to day basis to execute specific plans designed to support the growth of digital skills for employees that enable them to adopt technical solutions to enhance their day to day productivity, efficiency and provide the best experience possible.
- Deliver highly effective and interactive training programs to employees (both new and existing) in accordance with plans set forth by Digital Services Advisors
- Identify performance improvement needs by working with assigned clients and help to determine appropriate solutions
- Develop and maintain materials for College managed training programs
- Develop and maintain the College’s knowledge base to ensure it is up to date and reflects the needs of stakeholders
- Assists in the completion of operational assessments for new software requests
- Assist in the sourcing or development of new training programs
- Support the rollout of new software applications
- Support the Endpoint Administrator when needed
- Support the Service Desk Team when needed, acting as either Level 1 or Level 2 support
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in business, information technology, or customer support, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical or business writing, and technical certifications (e.g. Adobe, Google, Microsoft) would be considered an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in application support, specifically with Learning Management Systems (LMS), Productivity and Collaboration suites (e.g. Google Workspace, Microsoft 365) and general computer software support.
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning facilitation or training, development of training materials and ability to train in different settings (e.g. classroom, one-on-one, video)
- A sound practical knowledge of current educational technologies including popular Learning Management Systems, standard productivity software, student information systems, multimedia applications and classroom hardware
- Familiarity with the SAMR model and TPACK framework
- A strong ability to facilitate understanding between academic faculty and IT staff
- Experience testing computer software
- Work experience in a university, government, or non-profit setting would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; the ability to work well as a team member in a multi-professional environment; attention to detail; and the ability to work with minimal supervision and to act on one’s own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of faculty, staff, and students; the ability to deal with a high volume of client and vendor demands
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to email@example.com no later than October 26, 2021.
Havergal College welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we are situated in and serve.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: November 1, 2021
- Day & Boarding School
- Toronto, ON