Facilities Security Staff
BSS is looking for a full-time, permanent Facilities Security Staff to provide front-line security services for our historical, educational facility. At BSS, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unparalleled setting, with access to innovative tools, support and resources, so you can pursue ongoing professional learning, whatever your role. BSS offers a competitive total compensation package that includes an extensive health and dental benefits package, participation in our robust pension plan with up to 8% match, meals provided with a taxable benefit, discounted tuition for eligible staff, use of on-site fitness center and a chance to be part of a great community!
Hours of Work
- 3:00 to 11:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Nine days of the year, the hours will shift to 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. This includes the day before Thanksgiving long weekend, one Friday in November, some days around Christmas/New Years, the day before Family Day long weekend, and the day before the Victoria day long weekend
- Other morning shifts may become available throughout the year
Summary of Position
The Facilities Security Staff is responsible for providing front-line security services for a historical, educational facility. The goal is to maintain a safe and secure environment for the BSS community, which includes students, staff, boarders, families, visitors and service providers. The Facilities Security Staff will meet, greet and direct all arrivals in a friendly, professional and efficient manner and will follow the school’s security procedures including completing patrols as scheduled.
- Tracks and monitors visitors and assigns appropriate security documentation
- Answers main phone lines
- Directs traffic and monitors cross walk during school dismissal periods throughout the year
- Monitors and secures the main entrances, exterior doors, driveways, underground garage and other areas of the school through rounds and by utilizing the closed circuit television (CCTV) and access control system
- Performs regular audit of CCTV system to ensure all cameras are recording and reports any defective cameras to Facilities team
- Works in collaboration with the Purchasing and Facilities department to collect and deliver packages to offices and other areas of the school
- Creates and maintains accurate school security policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with the Facilities team to respond to emergencies (i.e. fire alarms, water leaks, power failures, etc.) and with the Administrative Specialists Team to ensure proper protocols are adhered to
- Follows effective and appropriate Health and Safety practices
- Embeds diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into all processes
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone
- Proven ability to be vigilant with respect to security issues
- Working knowledge of current effective security measures
- Working knowledge of fire prevention, fire control, evacuation and lockdown procedures
- Ability to use computer software and computer technology at an intermediate level
- Culturally competent with a positive attitude toward cultural uniqueness and a readiness to accept and respect others
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
BSS Values Diversity:
BSS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating Facilities Security Staff in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca
We are committed to providing an accessible experience and an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Assistant, Human Resources and Finance at 416-483-4325, ext. 4207 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day & Boarding School
- The Bishop Strachan School