(Full time. Commencing August 2023)
Trinity College School (TCS) is a leading boarding and day school for approximately 600 young people from Grades 5-12. The School is situated on a beautiful 100-acre campus located in the town of Port Hope, Ontario, one hour’s drive east of Toronto. Founded in 1865, the School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts - as both a long-held TCS tradition and a thoughtful approach to a 21st-century education.
TCS is seeking a dynamic English teacher excited to work with a diverse group of Senior School (Grade 9-12) students from across Canada and more than 30 different countries. The School offers world-class facilities, small class sizes, and a commitment to building a community based on belonging and the wellbeing and respect of each individual.
Working within a vibrant community of students and educators, this position requires energy, collegiality, and a commitment to a student-centred, compassionate approach to teaching and learning. A member of the Ontario College of Teachers, the ideal candidate will also be fully engaged in coaching athletics within the School’s robust co-curricular program.
The preferred candidate:
- has a university degree in English
- is skilled, qualified and passionate about bringing creative and innovative teaching practices to secondary school English at all levels (Grade 9 to Advanced Placement)
- possesses a deep appreciation for the study and teaching of English and can communicate effectively is conversant in modern English instruction, including working with English language learners and prioritizing voice and choice and the reading of diverse voices
- is highly proficient in educational technology
- is committed to professional development and sharing best practices with colleagues
- is sensitive to the needs of all students, including awareness of social-emotional learning and cultural humility
- coaching experience and certifications are considered an asset
The successful candidate will join a community that celebrates diversity, including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity along with the skills, knowledge, and experience to effectively engage with diverse communities.
To apply for the position:
Please email, in PDF format, a cover letter, résumé, and OCT Certificate of Qualification and Registration to:
Kristopher Churchill, Head of Senior School
Trinity College School
Please address all correspondence by Monday, February 13, 2023 | For more information, visit www.tcs.on.ca.
Trinity College School thanks all applicants for their interest, but can acknowledge only those selected for an interview.
TCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCS is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The School will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
We celebrate the diversity of our school community, including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.
- Day & Boarding School
- Port Hope
- Trinity College School