Content Support Specialist
Grades 6 - 12
Elmwood School, one of Canada’s premier girls’ schools, provides an outstanding education to over 370 day students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. An IB World School, Elmwood is located in Ottawa. Elmwood’s mission is to inspire each girl to reach her full potential. The School is looking for Biology, Math and French teachers to participate in the Elmwood Edge strategic content support/tutoring program.
Content support specialists working with the Elmwood Edge program at Elmwood School are experts in their subject area and have a proven track record of academic and teaching excellence. Expectations for this position include:
- Experience in tutoring and teaching
- Practice in differentiated instruction and strategic teaching methods
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students, Grades 6 to 12
- Collaborative, flexible approach
- Superb communication skills
- An enthusiastic and productive work ethic
- Post-Secondary Education at the University level in area of specialty
- Teacher education training (B.Ed., M.Ed.) or significant teaching experience in another setting (i.e. University, College)
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) an asset
As a member of the Elmwood Edge team you will be working under the guidance of Elmwood’s Director of Student Success, utilizing a strategic approach to content support. Training will be provided and tutoring sessions will take place at school both during the regular school day and after school hours. Regular communication with teachers and parents will be an expectation of our Elmwood Edge team. Opportunities for tutoring will be dependent on student requests.
Thank you for your interest in Elmwood School. Please send a cover letter, CV and university transcript to the attention of email@example.com. As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is also required. Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Day School