Pickering College is recruiting a dynamic, qualified Kindergarten Teaching Assistant for our Junior School Program. The successful candidate must demonstrate superior teaching abilities and an eagerness to become involved in all aspects of the school including co-curricular activities. Our teachers must possess the following qualities: passion, compassion, expertise in their subject area, instructional expertise and curriculum innovation.
Under the direction of the Director of Junior School or designate, the Kindergarten Assistant will provide support to the Pickering College Kindergarten teacher, students, and program. This position requires a person with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, patience, and professionalism. This role commences in August 2023.
- Assist classroom teacher in preparation and delivery of lessons.
- Assist in providing individual and small group instruction and support.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards of student behaviour.
- Assist in creating an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the age and interest of the students.
- Collect and display educational materials and student work.
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Be sensitive to and support the social/emotional/behavioural needs of individual students.
- Assist with supervision at recess, lunch and outside of class (i.e., during outdoor education activities and field trips).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Registered ECE
- Experience working in a Reggio environment
- Previous experience working with young children
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Prior Independent School experience an asset
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report as well as proof of full vaccination against Covid19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Day & Boarding School
- Pickering College