Director of Communications
Full-Time, Indefinite Term
Ashbury College is a leading not-for-profit independent day and boarding school for students in Grades 4 to 12 located in Canada’s capital and the traditional, unceded territory of the Anishinàbe Algonquin Nation. We serve a diverse community of over 60 nationalities from around the National Capital Region, the diplomatic community, and international and domestic boarding students.
Our mission is to inspire students in a dynamic learning environment as intellectually curious, compassionate, and responsible global citizens. Our strategic direction is centered on the highest standards in teaching and learning; whole student development; access and inclusion in our pluralistic community; community engagement; and resource stewardship for long term-sustainability.
Located in central Ottawa, Ashbury College is currently seeking a full-time Director of Communications to develop content and lead our many internal and external marketing activities.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing communications and marketing strategies that support and advance Ashbury College’s strategic goals
- Advising on and contributing to the direction and management of Ashbury’s reputation and relationship with stakeholders
- Leading Ashbury’s digital marketing and social media strategy
- Overseeing the college’s branding and identify strategy and program
- Providing creative print and digital content, including regular and special publications and information bulletins
- Editing documents and internal and external communications
- Planning and preparing advertising and promotional materials
- Managing crisis communications
Reporting to the Executive Director of Enrolment & Advancement, and supervising the Multimedia Design Manager, you’ll work closely with our Admissions and Advancement departments, and the school leadership team. As the successful candidate, you have a history of workplace engagement, highly collaborative creativity, and thriving in a busy learning-oriented community. You leverage print and digital media with competence and imagination.
Your education, experience and qualifications include:
- Post-secondary diploma in communications or other relevant area of study
- 5+ years of experience in a Communications Director role
- Relevant professional certification such as IABC, CPRS
- Extensive digital marketing and social media experience
- Communications experience with diversity and inclusion programs, initiatives, and issues
- Oral and written proficiency in French and/or other language(s) is an asset
Work is planned to be in-person at Ashbury College, however, will shift to a remote workplace teaching if directed by Ottawa Public Health or the Ministry of Education. All students and staff must follow Ashbury College’s COVID-19 safety protocols when on campus.
Ashbury College provides a competitive compensation and group health and pension benefits package. And, if you are not familiar with our facilities, internationalism, community engagement, or school values and culture, please visit our website at ashbury.ca.
This appointment is effective as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and quote “Director of Communications” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is Monday September 11, 2023, however, apply without delay as we will review applications as they are received, and may bring the search process to a close early if an outstanding applicant is identified.
At Asbury College, we fulfill our mission through a community of employees, volunteers, and students who cultivate and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals who are members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity. This broadens our culture and strengthens our sense of community.
Should you have any questions about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we contact you about an employment opportunity and you require an accommodation, we’ll work with you to meet your needs.
- Ashbury College
- Day & Boarding School