THE RIDLEY DIFFERENCE
Founded in 1889, Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school with over 750 students in JK to grade 12 from more than 55 countries worldwide. The Ridley experience integrates a traditional liberal arts education with individual learning enhanced by the principles of positive psychology, the International Baccalaureate continuum program, a learner-driven culture and campus community, exceptional athletics and dynamic arts programs, and a commitment of service to others. This unique combination prepares meaningful and flourishing lives by teaching the habits of mind, body and spirit, and the values needed to lead in a global society.
Ridley College is located on 90 acres in St. Catharine’s, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and is comprised of a stunning blend of century old buildings housing modernized technology.
Ridley offers the prospect of being part of a high-performance team in a nourishing workplace community that encourages collaboration, innovation, inclusivity and curious minds, and where grit and perseverance are assets. We strive to create a culture of belonging on campus based on trust, collaboration and cooperation, and to promote and deepen these shared values in all we do, with all members of our extended community.
Joining the team at Ridley means you are committed to life-long learning and development, have integrity, and value being of service in a richly diverse community. We cultivate the full potential in each of our students by having a caring, committed and world-class team. Attracting, developing and retaining people who thrive in Ridley’s positive education culture that recognizes and celebrates individual strengths is critical to our success.
- Create, schedule and monitor social media content across all active accounts;
- Evaluate the purpose and opportunity (for content and advertising) within existing social platforms and be aware of emerging social platforms where our target audience may be gathering.
- Prepare brief quarterly status reports and an annual progress report, analyzing performance and engagement and providing recommendations to the Director, and prepares other reports as needed;
- Ensure the social media guidelines for staff, faculty and students are updated and shared broadly on an annual basis;
- Creates social media messaging and ads to promote events, recruitment and other initiatives;
- Coordinates the creation and execution of advertising with staff;
- Tracks performance, recommends optimizations and reports on campaigns upon completion;
- Designs various marketing materials in collaboration with the Graphic Designer;
- Design templates and slides for digital screens across campus, to promote events, important dates, updates and to welcome guests to campus;
- Create social media ads and any visuals needed to support the social media portfolio;
- Capture photos and video of campus events and activities for use on social media, digital screens and in annual videos;
- Produce short format videos, such as interviews and messages, which includes drafting scripts, booking interviews, capturing video, editing and final production;
- Responsible for ensuring that brand standards, messaging and style guides are adhered to in all digital communications related to Ridley College;
- Researches and recommends enhanced communications strategies and models, and keeps current with respect to best practices.
- Keeping organized project files and video footage archive;
- Balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, college certificate or vocational training in public relations, media studies, social media, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience with creating social media content and oversight of social media activities for a business, entrepreneur, or brand.
- High proficiency in Apple OSX, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Hootsuite, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have graphic design training and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Creative and solutions-oriented thinker.
- Keen attention to detail.
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through:
Deadline for applications is: February 1, 2023
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Screening Report must be provided. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Ridley College is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible and equitable environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used in order to ensure your equal participation.
“We inspire flourishing lives to transform our globe.”
- Day & Boarding School
- Ridley College
- St. Catharines