Under the Hilltop Summer Discovery Camp (HSDC) Director and the HSDC Instructors, the HSDC Counsellors are responsible for providing active supervision to campers, designing activities and ensuring a safe camp environment.
This position requires broad knowledge of camp and outdoor education activities, excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills along with good communication and leadership abilities.
- Actively supervise campers at all times
- Design activities, including crafts, games, sports and other camp activities
- Support Instructors and STEAM inquiry projects
- Lead games and activities as scheduled
- Interact with parents at drop-off and pick up
- Track attendance and screening of campers
- Manage behaviour within the camp group
- Supervise lunch groups
- Report incidents as needed
- Experience working with children is preferred
- Previous camp experience is preferred
- Ideal candidates should have completed or be pursuing secondary education
- This position requires the candidate to have current CPR and First Aid training.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of full vaccination against Covid19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
- Day & Boarding School
- Pickering College
- Summer Programs