Founded in 1913, Crescent is an independent school for boys from grades 3 - 12, located on a park-like 30 acre campus in midtown Toronto. Our students are encouraged to strive for excellence, and to develop their talents in the areas of academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and staff alike model Crescent’s core values of respect, responsibility, compassion and honesty as we foster the development of our graduates to men of character from boys of promise.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position beginning January 2022:
Alumni Relations Director
As a dynamic, engaging professional with exceptional relationship building and communication skills you have a passion for Advancement and working in education. Reporting to the Executive Director of External Relations, the Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of the alumni relations program and alumni fundraising, including Major Gifts, Reunion Giving, Annual Giving and Planned Giving. This position will support the Alumni Executive Committee and key sub-committees to build and strengthen communications, programs and connections. Your commitment to your own professional growth is evident in the innovative practices you bring to work, and inspires the development and the growth of your colleagues. In a workplace that is challenging, diverse, warm and fulfilling, your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds on the strengths of the existing alumni relations programs and implements innovative ideas to maximize broad participation, build connections with alumni through programs such as the Alumni Internship Program and the Alumni Recognition Program
- Manages Alumni Major Gifts and Giving Programs and donor prospects and takes responsibility for the stewardship of alumni giving at all levels including receipts, thank you notes, stewardship reports, and related special events
- Maximize participation and amounts raised through the Alumni Giving Programs, including Major Gifts, Reunion Giving, Annual Giving, Grad Class Giving, Planned Giving, and special alumni appeals
- Works cooperatively with the Alumni Executive Committee and engages with Class Representatives on specific initiatives including the Alumni Fundraising Committee, Alumni Diversity Committee, and Alumni Recognition Program
- Supports the Executive Director of External Relations and the Headmaster with campaign and annual fundraising initiatives, and ensures accurate data collection, screens top donor prospects, and proactively identifies new donor prospects
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications contributes to alumni community materials, including e-newsletters, Past & Present Alumni magazine, event invitations, website and social media updates
- Supervises, coaches and supports the growth and development of the Alumni Relations Officer
The successful candidate will have:
- Post secondary education and 5-7 years of experience in a similar role, including constituent relations, program management, advancement and fundraising
- Demonstrated experience with annual giving, major gifts and planned giving
- Strong communication, organizational, planning and execution skills
- Well developed leadership skills and adept at creating a positive environment, coaching employees
- Good problem-solving skills with a focus on creative resolution and continuous improvement, and the ability to manage issues in a calm and solutions-oriented manner
- Experience with fundraising programs such as Raiser’s Edge
- A high degree of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- A growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to accept new perspectives
- Emotional Intelligence and a desire to cultivate courage and nurture connection
- Ability to build community, collaborate, create and execute strategy, foster innovation and change
- A burning desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture
Crescent School offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. If you exude passion, creativity, commitment, courage and fun, you will make an impact here! Please apply online at crescent.simplication.com by creating a ‘Management‘ account and uploading your letter of application and resume by Wednesday, December 8, 2021. For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org.
Crescent School believes in the importance of diversity, inclusivity, and belonging. We value the unique life experience that each person brings and believe that human differences make us stronger. We strive to be a community where every person feels welcome and valued. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available upon request.
- Day School