Junior School French Teacher
Employment Terms: Full-Time, Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
We are seeking a French teacher qualified to teach Primary/Junior with Primary Years Programme (PYP) experience to work in our Junior School. With strong communication and collaboration skills as well as a proven ability to build a caring rapport with students, the successful candidate will collaborate with a passionate and committed team, working closely with the Head of the Junior School, Assistant Heads of the Junior School and PYP Coordinator, and Instructional Leaders.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create a class environment that inspires and supports learning and personal growth;
- Establish effective rapport with students;
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each students ability;
- Establish good relationships with parents, faculty and other staff members;
- Adept at delivering education program electronically and be able to use electronic communication to correspond with students, parents, colleagues and the community at large;
- Ensure the written, taught and assessed curriculum is in line with IB and Ministry of Education curriculum ensuring differentiation;
- Develop course outlines, unit plans, lesson plans ensuring integration of all aspects of PYP curriculum, with a focus on inquiry based learning;
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by Ministry, IBO and school guidelines;
- Communicate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress including formally through report cards and parent-teacher interviews;
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area and approaches to teaching and learning through professional reading, participating in workshops and other professional development opportunities;
- Participate actively in faculty and department/division meetings and meet regularly with all course teams to plan, review and update the written curriculum;
- Assume responsibility for and coach a variety of teams.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in French;
- Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent degree with P/J French qualifications;
- Minimum three years’ relevant teaching experience;
- Experience in and knowledge of IB is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of relevant technology and able to work in a laptop environment;
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills;
- Work independently with little direct supervision;
- Work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate strong work ethic to achieve academy goals;
- Display effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by October 20, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day & Boarding School