Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen is an independent, co-educational university preparatory day school with more than 1000 students from Preschool through to Grade 12. Our school thrives on two closely connected campuses in the heart of Toronto and offers a truly transformative educational experience, intentionally creating a welcoming, vibrantly diverse community, guided by inspiring teachers and fueled by a forward-looking curriculum. Bayview Glen is a member of the CIS, CAIS and Round Square organizations.
Are you someone who thrives on achieving results, building community and developing relationships? Then we want to meet you!
We’re looking for a full-time Development Manager to join our team. You’ll be reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement and have primary responsibility for overseeing the growth and development of the school’s fundraising programmes, with an initial focus on developing a strong Annual Giving programme.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assisting the Senior Director of Advancement in overseeing the success of all fundraising programmes.
- Growing and developing the established Annual Giving programme, including data management, donor acquisition, retention, recognition and stewardship.
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Advancement on the cultivation of the school’s major gift pipeline.
- Overseeing the systems and processes necessary to support a robust Advancement office, including data management, research and programme analysis, building structure, reliability and accountability into all fundraising programmes.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the school to identify and cultivate relationships with all members of the school community and steward donors to the school through digital engagement, recognition and special events.
What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, marketing, public relations, event management or equivalent
- 5 -10 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector
- High degree of proficiency in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an outstanding customer service orientation
- Ability to collaborate effectively with School leadership, staff and volunteers in the identification of potential donor constituencies and in the planning of campaign initiatives and events
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including event planning, with various timelines and handle competing and changing priorities
- Aptitude to connect authentically with people and build effective interpersonal relationships
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing needs
Who You Are:
- Motivated self-starter, energetic with a positive attitude and keen attention to detail
- Dynamic, organized and results-oriented leader
Here's What We Offer:
- A competitive salary
- A generous group benefit and RRSP plan
- A collegial work environment where employees have fun together
- A welcoming, vibrantly multicultural community
- Meaningful work in an educational environment with future leaders of tomorrow
- Professional development opportunities
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined into one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than December 8, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
At Bayview Glen we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will need to provide a current vulnerable sector screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
The School has determined that vaccinations of all school staff and eligible students are required in order to protect our school community. Certain accommodations or exemptions will be considered if required under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks and face shields must be worn.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit us online at www.bayviewglen.ca.
- Day School