The Country Day School
Assistant Custodian Supervisor
Permanent, Full-Time, Year-Round Position
If you enjoy working in a team environment that promotes collaboration, open communication and which fosters a positive culture that builds integrity and mutual respect, then consider joining The Country Day School’s Operations Department as Assistant Custodian Supervisor.
Reporting to the Custodian Supervisor, this position is responsible for working with the Supervisor to efficiently supervise all activities associated with the cleanliness and security of the school and ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
The successful candidate will possess excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to establish priorities, as well as possess strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide guidance to custodial staff. Additionally, the candidate will be committed to instilling a strong sense of safety for all employees and visitors, and emanating a caring, positive attitude, and high level of customer service. This position is best suited for individuals who are comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. The hours are 3:30 p.m. to midnight during the school year and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during non-school days such as Christmas break, March break and during the summer months. This position is required to be on call at certain times and may need to work extended hours or do some week-end work during emergency situations.
Key Responsibilities include:
● Assisting the Custodian Supervisor in preparing work schedules, assigning work and monitoring progress of all staff to ensure productivity, as well as providing support, guidance, and direction to staff as needed.
● Locking and securing the facility nightly and overseeing the security and fire systems when the Head of Facilities is not in the building. Using the school’s security and fire procedures and processes to call the police or fire department in cases of emergency, answer alarms and call in disturbances.
● Cleaning, preparing and setting up rooms, which are rented, for meetings, parties, athletics, special events and/or other venues prior to individuals using the room.
● Helping in the cleaning of other sections during times when the department is short staffed as well as cleaning an individual section.
● Completing all seasonal duties as assigned by the Custodian Supervisor and Head of Facilities during non-school days (i.e. Christmas Break, March Break and Summer Break).
● Other duties as assigned in accordance with department and school objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
● Secondary School Diploma.
● A minimum of 5 years of related work experience and two or more years of supervisory experience.
● First Aid, CPR, Working at Heights and W.H.M.I.S. Certifications considered an asset.
● Ability to schedule and prioritize work schedules for custodial staff.
● Strong attention to detail to ensure work meets the school's high cleaning standards.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
● Ability to deal with people sensitively, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
● Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgement when receiving and responding to internal customer requests.
● Highly motivated individual who strives for excellence and has a “can do attitude”.
● Good problem solving skills along with a solutions driven attitude.
● Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Gmail required.
The review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The Head of School invites qualified individuals to apply by October 5, 2022 with resume and cover letter to:
John Liggett, Head of School
The Country Day School
13415 Dufferin Street
King, ON L7B 1K5
The Country Day School offers a positive working environment with a competitive salary. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported, and welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of this community. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please let us know.
All CDS employees must be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Report. Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Situated on a beautiful 100-acre campus in the heart of King Township, The Country Day School offers a challenging university-preparatory program for students in JK-12. For more information about this leading Canadian independent school, please visit www.cds.on.ca.
- Day School
- King City
- The Country Day School