Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for a
Grades 7 to 12
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1911, Appleby College’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
Appleby inspires its 765 students from grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, athletic, and co-curricular programme that has been founded on the school’s six Pillars of Strength: Academically Vital, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Community Spirited, Actively Engaged and Globally Responsible.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages its students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Our team is highly engaged and committed to excellence in education. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. Our exceptional team is the reason we provide an outstanding educational experience to our students. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby College team.
WHAT WE WANT – THE ROLE
This role is responsible for occasional teaching and serving as a student role model within the classroom. Additional expectations include:
- Possess a high level of understanding in curriculum area
- Contribute in innovative ways to the goals of the school
- Support and collaborate with faculty
- Adapt to student learning styles
- Inspire students inside and outside the classroom
- Utilize technology to enhance student learning
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-Secondary Education at the University level with relevant specialization
- Teacher education training (B.Ed, M.Ed.) or significant teaching experience in another setting (i.e. University, College, or areas of specialized instruction)
- Ontario College of Teachers certification (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in related role is considered an asset
- Appropriate academic credentials illustrating a high level of knowledge and expertise in teaching discipline
- Technical aptitude
WHAT WE HAVE
- State-of-the-art learning environment with motivated and engaged students
- Extensive compensation package that includes eligibility in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Class sizes of 16:1 average ratio
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Support for teachers through the Faculty Development Programme
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our Team; please apply online.
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, both a criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening and government-issued proof of full immunization against COVID-19 is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
- Day & Boarding School
- Short Term/Supply Teaching