Do you enjoy working with a team of people who are innovative, dynamic, collaborative, progressive and global-minded? If so then we are looking for you to join our community as the Enrolment Assistant. The York School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
Like our students, staff at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders and experts in their field, they are open to change and committed to improving lives through education.
Reporting to the Director of Enrolment Management, the Enrolment Assistant supports the Enrolment Department with all recruitment, admission, re-enrolment and new enrolment initiatives.
- Represent The York School as the first point of contact when engaging with prospective and incoming families
- Support the enrolment team with the coordination of on-site assessments and admission specific events for incoming students staff and student ambassadors
- Complete pre-screening of applicant files to ensure all documentation has been received
- Create and maintain files for Junior, Middle and Senior School applicants, ensuring information is up to date prior to admission Review
- Effectively communicate through multiple channels to prospective families and support them through the admission process
- Schedule and support the enrolment team with tours, interviews and assessments for prospective and current families
- Collect feedback and data throughout the admission cycle in order to continuously find opportunities to improve the applicant experience
- Process applications and supporting documentation
- Keep accurate data of student enrolments, scholarship recipients and reconcile numbers with the Business Office
- Coordinate the re-enrolment process for all families
- Liaise with the Advancement team to provide relevant information to support the transition of new families
- Ensure that all documentation including application information is recorded in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate the recruitment & admission schedule for the Admission team and specific assessment events from JK-11
- Assist in completing pre-screening exercises on applicant files to ensure all documentation is received prior to the visit
- Enter database information and track data from point of inquiry through to the admission process using the Blackbaud Suite
- Coordinate meetings and required materials
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Undergraduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years experience working in the field of recruitment, admissions, sales or marketing/communications
- Familiarity with Blackbaud (i.e. Enrollment Management module) or other CRM software an asset
- Self-starter who can proactively identify opportunities to recruit new students
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and being well organized is required
- Collaborative team player who is flexible and self-motivated and has a “How can I help?” attitude
- The ability to deal with students, parents, staff and teachers cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously and with discretion and respect for privacy is fundamental to the performance of this job
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Previous experience working in an admissions office is considered an asset
THE YORK SCHOOL'S CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Breadth of Contribution
- Relationship Focused
- Service Orientation
- Communication & Collaboration Inclusivity
- Integrity & Trust
- TYS Campus, Toronto Ontario
- Occasional travel required
- Occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends may be required
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY:
Employees at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their field, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide a competitive compensation, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and benefit package to our employees.
THE YORK SCHOOL VALUES DIVERSITY:
At The York School, our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are engaged citizens of the world. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. The York School will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416- 926-1325.
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest in confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2022. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Day School
- The York School
- Toronto, ON