Home >> Membership >> Application Process
The Head of a school interested in pursuing membership in CIS Ontario should contact the CIS Ontario Executive Director, Sarah Craig (905-665-8622) email@example.com.
As a starting point, Heads should review the Membership Criteria and Definition of Arm's Length found on this website.
The steps toward membership include:
1. An initial conversation with the CIS Ontario Executive Director to determine initial eligibility.
2. A preliminary visit to the school by the CIS Ontario Executive Director.
3. Submission of a formal application with written materials addressing financial, academic and governance standards.
4. If in compliance with the membership criteria, the school will be visited by a CIS Ontario Review Team, composed of two member school Heads, a Chief Financial Officer from a member school, a representative from the CIS Ontario Governance Committee and the Executive Director of CIS Ontario.
5. The Review Team Report is presented to the CIS Ontario Governance Committee who will evaluate and recommend to the CIS Ontario Board.
6. The CIS Ontario Board will review the Review Team report and Governance Committee recommendation and may nominate the school for approval at the next CIS Ontario AGM, which is held in early November of each year.