Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. With our values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference as a foundation, Branksome Hall offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
For the 2019-20 academic year, we are seeking supply teachers to work in our Junior School. With strong communication skills and a proven ability to build a caring rapport with students, the successful candidate will join the Junior School team and report into the Interim Head of the Junior School.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ontario Teacher Qualifications in Primary or Junior division with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian teaching experience;
- IB teaching experience is an asset;
- Specialty in French, Phys Ed., Music is an asset;
- Ability to instruct in a laptop environment;
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution;
- Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent degree with J/I qualifications;
- NLS – National Lifeguard Specialization would be asset;
- Experience in and knowledge of IB is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of relevant technology and able to work in a laptop environment;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Work independently with little direct supervision;
- Accept responsibility and is self-motivated;
- Demonstrate strong work ethic;
- Display effective multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Utilize all required and recommended computer applications.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organization, please apply by September 3, 2019. This posting will remain active until the positions are filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall, please visit http://www.branksome.on.ca