Employment Terms: Occasional
Start Date: September, 2019
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a rigorous, liberal education through the International Baccalaureate Programme and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students, faculty and staff. Our students are motivated and supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
We are looking for supply teachers at our school who are passionate educators to include on our list of supply teachers. At this time, we are looking for teachers in all subject areas who are interested in working with our students.
- Follow lesson plans outlined by the permanent teacher within the timeframes provided;
- Effectively teach professionally and demonstrate an understanding of core subjects;
- Accurately and effectively assess students;
- Professionally carry out the duties of a teacher in accordance with the school’s policies.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Experience teaching intermediate students, senior students;
- Demonstrated ability to implement lesson plans with specific timeframes;
- Ability to provide written feedback on student behavior and work;
- Demonstrate effective classroom management;
- Ability to take direction and be open to feedback;
- Ability to work independently and can be adaptable and flexible.
Please apply online by creating a “Teachers” profile account by August 21, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applicants from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca