Employment Terms: Occasional
Start Date: September, 2019
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a rigorous, liberal education through the International Baccalaureate Programme and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students, faculty and staff. Our students are motivated and supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
We are looking for supply teacher at our Prep school (SK-7) who are passionate educators to include on our list of supply teachers. At this time we are looking for teachers with the following subject areas: Primary/Junior, Intermediate, as well as French specialists, and PE specialists.
- Follow lesson plans outlined by the permanent teacher within the timeframes provided;
- Effectively teach professionally and demonstrate an understanding of core subjects;
- Classroom management;
- Professionally carry out the duties of a teacher in accordance with the school’s policies.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Ontario College of Teacher’s certification;
- Experience teaching primary, junior, intermediate students;
- Demonstrated ability to implement lesson plans with specific timeframes;
- Ability to provide written feedback on student behavior and work;
- Demonstrate effective classroom management;
- Ability to take direction and be open to feedback;
- Ability to work independently and can be adaptable and flexible;
- A willingness to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
Please apply online by creating a “Teachers” profile account by August 21, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applicants from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca