The Rosedale Day School
Integrity, Diligence, Respect, Involvement
Due to the continued growth and expansion of The Rosedale Day School, an additional Office Administrator is required. This is a full-time position. The Office Administrator is a knowledgeable and trustworthy ambassador for the school. You thrive in a dynamic environment with competing demands. A caring and respectful demeanour, openness and genuine interest in supporting the RDS students, parents and faculty will be a key success factor in this position.
- Receiving and screening phone calls, school emails and walk in visitors.
- Main office management (supplies, photocopier, etc.)
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely reports by gathering, filing and organizing data originating from various lists of class attendance, after-care, student life activities and events in accordance with school policy and procedures.
- Support school events and organize any invitations, handouts, catering and any other communication requests by the administration team.
- Coordinate and support events operated by the Parents Association.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as required by the Senior Administration Team.
- Respond to students, parents and teachers with daily inquiries in a respectful manner and contributing positively towards the faculty culture and morale of the school.
- Assist school administration with a variety of communications (for example, newsletters, news articles, emails and digital content) that promote and share the school’s values and stories to broaden audience.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
- The ability to prioritize and handle competing priorities in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience working in an elementary school or educational institution, an asset.
- Ability to take responsibility and perform under minimal supervision.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the use of Google G Suite of Apps, online databases, Microsoft Office, and electronic communication
- An interest in and experience working with students.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast paced environment
This position will begin Monday August 12th, 2019. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email only, a letter of application and résumé by Friday July 26th, 2019, to:
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Rosedale Day School values diversity to enrich and strengthen the unique community that defines our educational institution. Any qualified applicants who require accommodations, please contact Ms. Amanda Hege, Office Administrator (416) 923-4726. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.