Special Events for All-School Events (50%)
- All event preparation, logistics and administration, coordination of event materials, follow-up correspondence including thank you letters
- Complete research including site visits, finding the resources to make event decisions, coordinate on-site arrangements, assists with negotiations, contracts, bookings, arrangement of food and beverages, order supplies, A/V, decor, etc.
- Serve as liaison with faculty, parent volunteers and/or vendors on event matters
- Manage an ongoing list of event sponsors, GIK donors, donations associated with events, ticket purchases, event suppliers and consultants for each event
- Oversee event planning budgets, progress reports and post event analysis
- Assist with name tags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Propose new ideas to improve planning, implementation and the audience experience
Weekly Communications for both KCS sites (50%)
- Manage the daily social media postings for all KCS channels and the school’s TV Slideshow, using school calendar as idea guide
- Oversee Admissions communications as directed by the Director of Admissions and Head of the Senior School
- Lead school’s photography and videography, including media consent process
- Work with Ramp Communications and other external vendors to complete work
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Director of Advancement, Director of Admissions or designate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in event planning
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Event Planning or equivalent an asset
- Proficiency with Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to pay superb attention to detail and use good judgement
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing, proofreading and copy editing
- Ability to use grace and tact under pressure
- Ability to be flexible to work after hours and/or weekends as needed
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to develop timelines and meet deadlines
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Enthusiasm for the KCS mission and vision
Thank you for your interest in joining the KCS team!
Please confirm your interest in this position by submitting your resume and cover letter by Friday, August 2nd, 2019 to Hallie McClelland CFRE, Director of Advancement at email@example.com.