Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as the Director, Alumnae Relations.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Advancement and Community Relations, the Director of Alumnae Relations is responsible and accountable for the success, design, implementation and management of a comprehensive alumnae relations program at Havergal College. Responsibilities include identifying and engaging alumnae whose participation supports the priorities and mission Havergal College. The Director of Alumnae Relations will lead a strategic planning process by engaging senior staff within the Advancement Department, members of the Havergal College Old Girls Association (HOGA) Directorate and senior school administrators to develop a long-term vision that speaks to the role of alumnae within the Havergal Community.
The complexity and scope of the alumnae relations and advancement programs require the efficient and effective management of all related processes to ensure that the flow of information, the execution of events and follow-up of activities are facilitated by the incumbent and the staff assigned to each function. Other responsibilities include both short and long term integration of alumnae relations with other advancement activities, and providing guidance and professional advice to staff and senior administration regarding the School’s related strategies and approaches.
• In consultation with the Executive Director, Advancement and Community Relations, develop and implement Havergal’s Alumnae Relations strategy. This will include strategies for alumnae benefits and services, alumnae communications, and events and activities, ensuring maximum involvement of target groups.
• To be the main point of contact with the Havergal College Old Girls’ Association (HOGA), providing professional expertise and guidance and ensuring alignment between Havergal and HOGA’s focus and activities.
• To develop strong student, alumnae, staff and volunteer networks to support and develop strategies for alumnae relations activity
• To identify alumna with potential to support Havergal through volunteerism and/or through philanthropic support at the major gifts level.
• To manage the alumnae relations team, allocating tasks and monitoring progress; supervising, motivating, and training.
• Developing, in consultation with the ED, A&CR the Alumnae Relations budget and tailoring the programme to the available resources and monitoring expense against that budget.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• 10 years’ experience in an advancement role, preferably in an independent school environment in a senior alumnae relations portfolio
• Experience developing and executing multi-faceted alumnae relations programs is required
• Previous experience managing a team of direct reports.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google, strong familiarity with donor/relationship management platforms (Veracross, Graduway)
• Ability to project manage, multi-task and work toward deadlines in a hectic environment and to high performance standards
• Demonstrated ability to engage key stakeholders
• Outstanding communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate others.
• Some travel required.
Employment and Application Details:
Our faculty and staff are the competitive advantage at Havergal College. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified and interested candidates should apply by August 5, 2019 in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.