The Rosedale Day School
Integrity, Diligence, Respect, Involvement
The Rosedale Day School is a small private co-educational independent elementary school established in 1995. The school is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and ranges from JK to Grade 8. RDS inspires and develops the authentic character and potential of each child within a supportive values-based educational environment.
The Rosedale Day School is currently seeking a full-time Kindergarten Assistant. The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor of Education, Ontario Teaching Certificate / OCT Membership in good standing.
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students.
- An enthusiastic work ethic with a commitment to full participation in the life of the school.
- Strong skills in leadership, innovation, and communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive and proactive approach.
- An openness to work collaboratively within a student-centered environment and contribute positively towards a strong faculty culture and morale.
The successful candidate will assist the Homeroom Teacher and support students in their specialized classes. Knowledge of the Inquiry approach to learning and Early Childhood Education Development is strongly desired.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email only, a letter of application and résumé by Friday July 26th, 2019, to:
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted and may be asked to provide copies of transcripts and certificates. The Rosedale Day School values diversity to enrich and strengthen the unique community that defines our educational institution. Any qualified applicants who require accommodations, please contact Ms. Amanda Hege (416) 923-4726.