Trafalgar Castle School is an all-girls day and boarding school situated in Whitby, Ontario. We’ve been around a long time (est. 1874) and may be small in size but we’re big in heart and even bigger when it comes to bold ideas.
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic
After School Caregiver
for an after school program for girls ages 9 to 12.
Students will find you to be approachable, energetic, available, knowledgeable, genuine and supportive. This position is part-time during the school year, Monday through Thursday 3:15pm - 6:00pm. and Friday 2:45pm to 6:00pm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensure a caring, stimulating and inclusive environment
- Ensure the safety and security of the students in the aftercare program from arrival through to dismissal
- Assist children with their homework
- Be knowledgeable of and practice emergency procedures
- Communicate with parents, students and school staff in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an empathetic approach and patient demeanour
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates interested in building their experience working with school aged children and youth in advance of post-secondary applications are invited to apply.
- Ontario Childcare Training an asset
- Experience working with school aged children
- Passion for working with children
- Demonstrated ability to program plan and implement age appropriate activities
- Professional, positive, approachable, creative and flexible
- Ability to take initiative and follow directions, as required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Valid standard First Aid and CPR
- Current vulnerable sector police record check is required
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please send a covering letter and resume by June 18, 2019 to:
Peggy Watt, Human Resources Manager
Trafalgar Castle School
401 Reynolds Street, Whitby, ON L1N 3W9
Trafalgar Castle School thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trafalgar Castle School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources so that we may work with you to meet your needs.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
For further information, please visit us online at: www.trafalgarcastle.ca.