St. Clement’s School is currently looking for a qualified Junior School Teacher to join our School on a permanent, full-time basis commencing August 22, 2019.
The Junior School Teacher is experienced and passionate about making a difference in the lives of our students. The Junior School Teacher is responsible for planning, preparation and teaching their Homeform class, in addition to participating in staff, department and professional development meetings and additional activities related to school life. The incumbent will also participate in and support LINCWell initiatives and implement best practices to meet the individual needs of our students.
- Design and develop unit plans to deliver curriculum that is challenging, creative and that creates interdisciplinary connections.
- Support, supervise and assess student progress and report on individual student achievement.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in teaching and learning strategies and, working with colleagues, determine best practices in instructional planning and delivery.
- Support families with open, ongoing communication about student progress.
- Use technology to enhance learning in the classroom.
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines and grades; participate in department meetings and Professional Development days.
- Full participation and engagement in the life of the School.
- Coaching and organizing and/or participating in extra-curricular trips and activities, which may fall before and after school hours and on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A post-secondary undergraduate degree, Honours preferred.
- Ontario Teacher Qualifications in Primary/Junior and/or Junior/Intermediate division.
- Certificate of Qualification and Registration with the OCT.
- A minimum of three years’ experience teaching at the Junior or Middle School level.
- Strong background in literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent classroom management, organizational and planning skills.
- Experience integrating technology to enhance learning.
- Commitment to girls’ education, and knowledge of girls’ developmental, educational and social-emotional needs.
- Experience with differentiation and the ability to use a wide variety of teaching and assessment strategies to meet the learning needs of all students.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work and plan in close collaboration with all constituents including colleagues, parents and students.
- Exploration and support of interdisciplinary and inquiry-based learning opportunities.
- Commitment to co-curricular activities, coaching, and full participation in school life.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to handle confidential material and situations with discretion and sensitivity.
- Clear criminal record check is required as a condition of employment.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls, boasting a dynamic and close-knit community of approximately 460 students from Grade 1 to 12. Although rooted in tradition, St. Clement’s School is uniquely innovative and creative, dedicated to fostering curiosity in our girls; uncovering and enhancing their passions; and giving them the courage to try new things.
Our staff, just as our students, are passionate about their work and dedicated to creating and fostering a unique and nurturing environment. Located a short walk from Yonge and Eglinton, St. Clement’s School offers an engaging and supportive work environment that celebrates diversity and creativity.
DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
St. Clement’s School is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value each community member’s identity and well-being. Together, we learn and grow by embracing multiple perspectives, experiences, and cultures. Our differences are our strengths.
Accommodations will be provided upon request to support applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT SCS
St. Clement’s School is committed to developing outstanding women who are intellectually curious, courageous and compassionate. Every member of the SCS team is dedicated to creating and fostering a unique and innovative environment for our girls and community. If our mission speaks to you, we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter by June 24, 2019 to: email@example.com
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!