Reports to: Head of School
Summary of Position:
The Director of Advancement will be responsible for expanding the School’s fundraising goals and for developing strategies, and long range plans for annual giving and school campaigns. Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement will work closely with members of the administrative team to provide leadership and direction for overall advancement, development, communication and external relations at Holy Name of Mary College School. The successful candidate will represent the school and its accomplishments and goals to donors, volunteers, community leaders, alumnae and the broader community. As the lead person in securing major gifts, directing current and future campaigns and building relationships, the position will serve as a key resource for the advancement of the school.
Holy Name of Mary College School is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic development leader with management experience and comprehensive knowledge of fundraising and advancement in a charitable organization with proven leadership in relationship building, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be proficient with donor databases and related tasks such as stewardship, fund campaign setup, data integrity and data manipulation using excel. The individual must be proactive and a self-starter. Strong organizational skills with significant attention to detail, exceptional communication and writing skills are critical.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Post-secondary education and/or a diploma in fundraising, marketing, public relations, event management or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector with direct experience dealing with major donors;
- Proficiency with MS Office, and donor databases;
- Strong knowledge of CRA guidelines for charitable organizations in Canada as it pertains to tax receipting;
- Motivated self-starter, energetic with a positive attitude with high attention to detail
- Exceptional organization, planning and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including event planning with evolving priorities and varied timelines
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with School leadership, staff and volunteers in the planning of campaign initiatives and events;
- Flexibility to work on occasional evenings/weekends;
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and capable of working well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads
Holy Name of Mary College School offers a supportive and nurturing work environment and a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in working in a dynamic educational environment fostering excellence in girls education, please email a letter of application and resume by July 15, 2019 to the attention of the Head of School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Director of Advancement in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.