Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for a
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1911, Appleby College’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
Appleby inspires its 765 students from grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, athletic, and co-curricular programme that has been founded on the school’s six Pillars of Strength: Academically Vital, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Community Spirited, Actively Engaged and Globally Responsible.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages its students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Appleby offers the prospect to be part of a high performing team that fosters an inclusive culture with opportunities to collaborate with other inspiring minds. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. We provide an outstanding educational experience to our students by having an exceptional team. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby team.
WHAT WE WANT – THE ROLE
- Provide expertise in physical security, personal safety and crime prevention
- Coordinate and schedule patrols by Security Guards (24/7) and special event security
- Perform security duties on rotation as scheduled
- Develop and implement standard operating protocols for security and ensure that day-to-day security functions are consistent with Appleby College policies, practices, strategies and objectives
- Hire, train, supervise and provide guidance to Security Guards
- Supervise, schedule and conduct performance evaluations for full and part-time Security Guards on matters related to job performance and work issues
- Liaise with other policing and security agencies to ensure compliance with applicable legislation and sharing of information and best practices
- Advise and alert senior administrative staff as required, to ensure optimum deployment of security services
- Investigate incidents involving illegal or prohibited activity on campus and coordinate with local authorities as directed by senior administrative staff
- Develop and manage an Incident Tracking and Reporting System
- In consultation with stakeholders and technical staff, maintain and monitor systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Establish processes for issuance of security equipment and uniforms to Security Guards
- Develop, communicate and enforce parking and driving regulations on campus
- Consult with operations stakeholders and users to ensure effective use of parking areas and compliancy with parking regulations
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer service and good working relationships with the Appleby College community, including staff, faculty, students, parents and visitors to the campus
- Participate on cross-functional Risk Management and Event Management committees
- Prepare reports annually, or as required, on matters relating to Campus Security operations and emergency management
- May negotiate contracts with private security firms
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-secondary education in law enforcement or relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Administrative experience related to the duties and responsibilities of a peace officer
- Expertise in public safety and emergency management
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Management experience is an asset
- Leadership and ability to foster a cooperative and consultative work environment
- Able to make decisions quickly in emergency situations and communicate effectively
- Excellent people management skills
- Must exemplify integrity and accountability
- Excellent technical skills as well as experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and time-management skills
- Availability to work shifts in evenings and weekends
WHAT WE HAVE
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding work opportunities
- An atmosphere that promotes and encourages exceptional Professional Development
- State-of-the-art facilities that motivate and engages employees
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Active engagement in community involvement
- Competitive compensation package
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team; please connect with us by June 21, 2019
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.