MYP and DP Math Teacher
Employment Terms: Part-Time, Contract
Start Date: August, 2019
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls, challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
For the 2019-20 academic year, we have an opportunity in our Senior and Middle School for an MYP and DP Math Teacher.
With strong communication skills and a proven ability to build a caring rapport with students, the successful candidate will join the Math team and report to the Instructional Leader of the Math department.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a class environment that inspires and supports learning and personal growth;
- Establish effective rapport with students;
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each students ability;
- Establish good relationships with parents, faculty and other staff members;
- Adept at delivering education program electronically and be able to use electronic communication to correspond with students, parents, colleagues and the community at large;
- Ensure the written, taught and assessed curriculum is in line with IB and Ministry of Education curriculum ensuring differentiation;
- Develop course outlines, unit plans, lesson plans ensuring integration of all aspects of MYP and DP curricula, with a focus on inquiry based learning;
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by Ministry, IBO and school guidelines;
- Communicate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress including formally through report cards and parent-teacher interviews;
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area and approaches to teaching and learning through professional reading, participating in workshops and other professional development opportunities;
- Participate actively in faculty and department/division meetings and meet regularly with all course teams to plan, review and update the written curriculum;
- Assume responsibility for and participate in co-curricular activities
- Participate as an Advisor, mentoring students and meeting them twice in an 8 day cycle.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with a specialist in Mathematics;
- Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent degree with I/S qualifications in Mathematics;
- Minimum three years’ teaching experience;
- Experience in and knowledge of IB is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of relevant technology and able to work in a laptop environment;
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills;
- Work independently with little direct supervision;
- Work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate strong work ethic to achieve academy goals;
- Display effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply by Friday, May 17, 2019.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about working at Branksome Hall, please visit www.thinkerswanted.ca or visit our website at www.branksome.on.ca.