The Rosedale Day School
Integrity, Diligence, Respect, Involvement
Primary Junior Teacher
The Rosedale Day School (est.1995) is a co-educational independent elementary school from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 located in the heart of downtown Toronto and adjacent to the University of Toronto. RDS inspires and develops the authentic character and potential of each child within a supportive values-based educational environment. The Rosedale Day School is currently seeking a full-time Primary Junior Teacher to begin September 2019.
- A Bachelor of Education or Master of Education degree and an OCT Membership in good standing.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and current/relevant student assessment practices at the Primary Junior level. Teaching experience within Grades 4-8 would be considered an asset.
- An understanding and knowledge of how Inquiry, Project Based Learning and The Design Thinking Approach to problem solving, align with each other and today’s modern learner to adapt and thrive in a changing world going forward.
Distinguished Attributes and ‘DNA’ of a Successful Candidate:
- An enthusiastic work ethic with a commitment to full participation in the life of the school.
- Working knowledge and classroom experience with Google Apps for Education, Hapara and Seesaw apps would be an asset.
- A proven ability to have a caring and compassionate rapport with all students.
- An openness to work collaboratively within a student-centered environment and contribute positively towards a strong faculty culture and morale.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email only, a cover letter and résumé by Friday May 17th, 2019, to:
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Rosedale Day School values diversity to enrich and strengthen the unique community that defines our educational institution. Any qualified applicants who require accommodations, please contact Ms. Amanda Hege, Office Administrator (416) 923-4726.