Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Help Desk Training Support Specialist
Reports to: Technology and Innovation Help Desk Manager
Summary of Position:
The Help Desk Training Support Specialist is responsible for the development and deployment of concise instructional online modules and training materials to all members of the BSS community. This position is also responsible for onboarding new teachers and staff into the BSS technology environment and engaging with the BSS community to explore and support new opportunities for technical skills growth and ongoing training. This position will co-ordinate a variety of technology projects and assist in the innovative development and deployment of new practices and solutions to improve BSS community support and processes. In addition, the Help Desk Training Support Specialist will support day-to-day Help Desk activities, including troubleshooting laptops and tablets in a primarily Apple environment, Google Suite for Education, AV equipment, printers and other systems as required.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Researches, develops and maintains a BSS repository of online training resources using a variety of intuitive design and instructional methods, including videos, modules, courses, FAQ’s and myBSS Technology and Innovation (TI) Groups
- Collaborates and consults with staff, teachers and students to understand where technology skills development is required and identifies opportunities for technology to improve efficiencies and workflows, on an ongoing basis
- Promotes and supports self-help philosophy for all BSS users through the use of the BSS online training repository and skills development
- Provides onboarding and follow-up technology training for new and returning teachers and staff
- Actively engages with new staff and teachers on their ability to use BSS systems and collects feedback to improve future training
- Co-ordinates implementation of technology projects, including but is not limited to, recommendations, research, work-back plans and schedules, task co-ordination, updates communications and training requirements
- Identifies, investigates, assesses, documents, and resolves technical issues for all members of the BSS community -- in person, over the phone, online and via the Help Desk ticket system
- Follows up with users to communicate status of problem resolution and ensures user needs are met
- Assists in overseeing the functionality and wellbeing of all school equipment, such as laptops, iPads, projectors, and printers
- Assists in maintenance and development of Help Desk technical information library to document Help Desk processes and maintain an accurate, up-to-date hardware inventory
- Assists with the setup of new equipment and systems as requested, as well as provide input and just-in-time training as required
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Related degree, diploma or other relevant training
- Experience in the development and delivery of training materials both for face-to-face instruction, online and self-help
- Strong desire to engage with community and promote technological skills development
- Technical proficiency and experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Apple and PC hardware/software in a professional, enterprise environment
- Technical proficiency and experience with troubleshooting GSuite for Education applications, Blackbaud onCampus and simple audio/visual equipment would be an asset
- Experience in use of a Help Desk ticketing system
- Experience with project management
- Able to quickly learn, utilize and troubleshoot new software/hardware
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively while speaking with both end users and technical support
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills - ability to handle multiple priorities in a professional manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills, initiative and judgment in order to interact with students, colleagues, staff and vendors
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to email@example.com indicating Help Desk Training Support Specialist in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca