TMS is a leading independent school in Richmond Hill that combines Montessori and International Baccalaureate frameworks to provide students from 18 months to Grade 12 the foundation for a life of goodness and excellence. TMS is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS Upper School (Elgin Mills Campus) is inviting applications from motivated, inspiring individuals for the position of:
The successful candidate will work with students to help them reach their full potential in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme, with a special focus on the Middle Year Programme students (Grade 7 to 10). The incumbent will work within a team to ensure that all students at TMS are advised and guided for academic development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct individual and/or group counseling sessions with a view to support students in their development of social and academic skills;
- Evaluate students’ attributes and support them in realizing their potential;
- Further develop and implement the guidance program for the Middle School students;
- Teach the Careers Course;
- Work with the Guidance team to support the Diploma students and their parents through the university application process;
- Contribute to the co-curricular program; and
- Work with the team to support student life at the Upper School.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Ontario College of Teachers Certification with intermediate/senior school qualifications.
- Guidance Specialist qualifications with a minimum of 3 years’ of Guidance experience.
- Demonstrated experience in career counseling and social-emotional support.
- Independent School experience as an asset.
- Demonstrated Canadian and international university placement experience an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A current Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current First Aid CPR, and AED.
TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including participation in the School’s Pension Plan, opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to work in a vibrant, collegial workplace.
How to Apply:
If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for your teaching goals, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by: May 1st, 2019
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TMS is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on TMS, please visit our website at www.tmsschool.ca